Starting a business isn’t easy. It isn’t enough just to have a great product or service. It requires several considerations, along with a fair amount of dedication. For start-ups, effectively organizing the business at the beginning may mean the difference between a highly successful business, and one that fails. This fully downloadable checklist for starting a business offers business consultants and start-ups a checklist for starting a business that is customizable, and easy to use. It also helps businesses assess what is needed from the start.
How to Use the New Company Form and Checklist For Starting A Business
- Fill in the company name, address, phone number, and fax number.
- Enter the date the company began, or for businesses that have not yet launched fill in the anticipated start date.
- Consultants should use this form to assist businesses in assessing if all necessary steps have been taken to launch a business.
- Fill in the date the business started according to the business owner.
- Fill in how many people own and operate the business.
Completing the Business Checklist For Starting A Business
There are a number of steps necessary to launch a new businesses. The checklist for starting a business assists businesses in determining the steps needed, and assessing if all necessary steps have been completed, or steps still needed.
- Put a check mark in the box next to the steps that have already been completed for the business. Each box contains a step business owners or their representative should complete for the business.
- Do not put a check mark in boxes where action is still necessary. For instance, in the first box, if businesses have not yet established the type of business they will operate do not mark the box.
- Leave blank those steps that have yet to be completed. Already established businesses may check the boxes already completed. For instance, businesses may have chosen a business entity, and applied for federal numbers, but still need a web site presence. The template will establish those actions still necessary.
- Customize the template checklist for starting a business to include items specific to the business.
Download: Checklist For Starting A Business