When it comes time to clean the house, there is often a division of labor that occurs haphazardly, causing you to waste time trying to organize what needs to be done and how it will be covered. This can be especially true when families work together to keep a home maintained and split the work. The housekeeping checklist template for Excel is therefore one of the most indispensable companions that you can have when you go to figure out what needs to be done.
Full of sample tasks that approximate the normal cleaning of the average house, the tasks are broken into sections that describe how frequently the task needs to be done. Easily customizable, the housekeeping checklist template for Excel can be downloaded for free from this page.
How to Use the Housekeeping Checklist Microsoft Excel Template
- Open the template and look over the entries. Change any entry that is not relevant.
- If you need more space to add entries, right click on a row in the right category of the housekeeping checklist and choose ‘insert row’. You can then add your task to the new row.
- When you go to print the housekeeping checklist, ensure that you have the page positioned correctly so that it prints evenly before you print. This can be accomplished using page preview and the page properties box.
Tips for Using the Housekeeping Checklist Microsoft Excel Template
- The notes portion of the housekeeping checklist can also be used to assign the task to a specific person. If you use the checklist on an ongoing basis, you might consider laminating it and using erasable ink to pencil someones name in for that round before erasing it. Refrigerator magnets can also be used.
- You can use a similar system, either magnets or erasable ink to keep track of whether or not a task has been completed.
- If your children are involved in helping out, some people use the checklist as a reward system that determines how allowance is allocated. You could also provide rewards for doing more work.
Download: Housekeeping Checklist